Digital Product Policies
Digital products are much different in nature than physical products and therefore require a separate set of policies to help you understand what to expect when purchasing a digital product from Grainline Studio.
- Due to the nature of digital downloads, all sales are final and we cannot accept returns.
- Grainline Studio digital patterns are PDF files. They can be downloaded via your computer or a mobile device equipped to handle PDF files.
- Our PDF print at home patterns are formatted to fit both US Letter sized paper as well as A4 paper.
- Each PDF pattern also contains a copy shop file for use printing in the US as well as a file suitable for those printing on A0 paper.
- All PDF patterns include a print at home and copy shop file, a set of detailed sewing instructions, and a read me file to help guide you through the printing process.
- For additional help printing, please see our PDF printing and assembly guidelines here.
- If you need help selecting sizes on our layered PDF pattern files, please see our PDF printing and assembly page as well.
- Upon completion of payment you will have the option to immediately download and save your PDF purchase to your computer via the link on your order confirmation page. You will also be emailed a unique URL where you can download your purchase to the email you provided at checkout.
- If you are paying with PayPal, they will override the email provided to us with the email associated with your PayPal account. Please double check this email if you’ve paid via PayPal and don’t see your download email in your inbox.
- If you have a Grainline account you can always download your files by logging in and viewing your purchase history.
- We allow 4 download attempts, after which your link will expire. Each time you click on the PDF file and it opens in a browser window this is considered a download. We recommend that you right click or control click on a mac and save to your device at this time. If you are having trouble downloading you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or reply to your order email. We highly recommend you download and save your PDF files on your computer for continued access and reprinting.
- All PDF products will automatically download to your computer’s downloads folder unless you have manually set a unique destination. No additional windows will open during this process.
Lost Digital Files
- It is your responsibility to download and store your patterns promptly after your purchase. You are provided with the opportunity to download and store your patterns up to 4 times so be sure to save and backup your files! We cannot provide additional download links for lost or deleted files after these 4 downloads have been used up.
- Bad things can happen to technology from time to time to take the same precautions with your digital products that you would with any other important files and always keep a backup. Dropbox is a great free way to store a copy of your files off of your computer’s hard drive.
Still have questions?
If you have any questions about the patterns or the download process you can reply to the order email you received or email us at email@example.com.