Tamarack Quilting Ideas
Today we're going to talk about quilting patterns on our Tamarack Jackets! This is, I think, one of the most fun parts of making a Tamarack because there are so many options to choose from, the possibilities are literally endless! Before we get too carried away though I want to share a few tips you'll want to think about when deciding on a pattern for your quilting. All of these images are pulled from our Tamarack Pinterest board. Tips for Quilting your Tamarack
- Unless you have experience using a free motion foot or a longarm machine, straight lines are going to be the easiest option. Turning circles on a regular machine can be difficult with one layer of fabric and adding the batting won't make it easier.
- If you do want to do a circular pattern, the larger the curves the easier it will be!
- You don't have to use a machine, try hand quilting or sashiko for a really custom look.
- Practice quilting on a scrap quilt sandwich before you attack your actual garment. You may need to adjust your machine settings and tearing it out on your jacket is not fun, believe me.
- Don't be afraid to experiment a bit or step outside your comfort zone. Try a more intricate pattern on a solid color, or use a contrasting color on a print! This is a great time to have fun!