Spring '14 Wardrobe Inspiration
If you've been following along with this blog for a while you may remember that I used to plan out seasonal wardrobes and then make as much of them as I could (wardrobes one, two, three if you're curious). I really had fun doing it but then work took over and I let that slip. Well I've really been wanting to do another one so over the past week I've been thinking about what sort of garments I want to be wearing come spring...if it ever shows up! I've been posting silhouettes (and shoes) I like to my Spring '14 Inspiration Pinboard (all of these garments can be found there for more info) and searching through my fabric stash for the proper fabrics. A bit of new yardage may have been purchased as well.
1. Button-up shirt alternatives: Obviously I'm really into the button-up shirt, I've made about 18million Archers, but I'm always looking for a fun way to hack that pattern and this looks to be the next one I'm planning!
2. Letterman / bomber style jackets: I tried to include one of these in a hound collection a few years ago and everyone thought I was nuts. Well, who's nuts now? Probably still me. I really want to make one of these happen and I happen to have the Papercut Patterns Rigel Bomber sitting on my pattern table.
3. Ummmm shoes. Not making them but in my head these Swedish Hasbeens will go with all my spring / summer dresses.
4. You guys, I am so into the sweatshirt at the moment. Regular sweatshirts, 'fancy' sweatshirts, printed sweatshirts, give them all to me. I have a sweatshirt pattern I just drafted and sweatshirts will be happening for spring.
5. Loose striped tops, and loose tops in general, are always a must have for me. I've got the perfect fabric under my table right now for one of these.
6. I'd really like to make a nicer spring coat that isn't a jean jacket - currently my only non-winter jacket.
7. These babies are my ultimate dream shoes and sadly they're sold out in a 6! As soon as they're back in stock they WILL be mine and they will go perfectly with everything despite the fact that they're orange!
Up top are two other things I really want for spring. Shirt dresses and a leather mini skirt. I've got this awesome shirt dress pattern and I'll be using some bronze leather with the Moss pattern for the mini.
What types of garments & silhouettes are you guys into for spring? Is there anything you're dying to sew for the warmer weather? Hopefully it's on it's way soon cause I'm getting tired of all puffy coat alllllll the time.