Introducing our Fall 2019 Patterns!
Today we’re so excited to share both our new Fall 2019 pattern collection and our new size range with you. Meet the Thayer Jacket, Reed Skirt and the updated Hemlock Tee, all available in sizes 0 – 30!
You’ll notice a lot of new changes with this release, first releasing multiple patterns at once. Switching to a capsule collection style release schedule is something we’ve been wanting to do for a while. We’ve always approached designing our patterns from a full wardrobe perspective, thinking about whether a new pattern would slip in seamlessly with our existing pattern catalog, but with our new format we’ve been able to take that design mindset to the next level. Another reason for the change to the collection format is that it was important to us to start off our newest size range with more than one new pattern, as well as having our free Hemlock Tee pattern updated to represent our full size range.
For our first collection we wanted to create a capsule that is quintessentially Grainline. To us this means easy to wear, unfussy, classic garments with our typical eye for proportions and design details. It’s important to us that you can make our patterns again and again so we've included multiple style options and designs that work well in many fabric choices. Also a coat, because at Grainline you know we love a good coat! We’ll be doing an in depth blog post on each pattern this week but here’s the scoop on each pattern.
The Thayer is a workwear inspired jacket that will take you from fall to winter with ease. It features a slight A-line shape, roomy patch pockets and inseam yoke pockets, two-piece sleeves, and is fully lined for plenty of warmth. Both size ranges have front princess seams which ensure a great fit. I've been wearing the original Thayer coat for a year now and it's really become a go to for me!
The Reed is an A-Line skirt with multiple pocket and closure options. Views A and B feature an inset pocket and a button front closure. Views C and D have patch pockets and a center back invisible zipper. The Reed also has two length options: A and C hit just above the knee while B and D fall mid-calf. I've got multiple fabrics pulled to make a few of my own, but this skirt shines in so many fabric options!
The Hemlock Tee is our perennially popular free PDF pattern, accessible by signing up for our newsletter (see the link in the footer of our website). It's a drop shoulder boxy tee with just the right amount of drape. There are now three body lengths as well as three sleeve lengths so you can customize as you like. The simple silhouette works well with a wide variety of fabrics: jersey, sweater knit, stripes, prints, etc. This pattern is also a super fun base for customization so get creative!
Now let's talk about our new size range! We’ll be doing a full, in depth, post on this in the next week here are a few important things you’ll need to know before then.
- Our size 0-18 is the same as always; drafted for a B sewing cup and a height of 5’5”.
- Our new size range 14-30 is drafted for a D sewing cup and a height of 5’5”.
- The two size ranges are drafted off of two separate blocks, we did not simply size up our existing drafts which helps to ensure a better fit.
- The Thayer and Reed are available in our shop in print and PDF formats in both size ranges.
- The Hemlock Tee is available in sizes 0-30 as a free PDF download via our newsletter, as always.
- All future pattern releases will be available in both size ranges.
- We will begin drafting our existing styles into the new range later this fall, after we’ve wrapped up work on our Spring ‘20 collection.
- We’re still working out how to best handle those of you who have purchased our original size range, but as soon as we know more, and have a pattern ready, we’ll let you know!
We love this new collection and we hope you do too! You can grab the Thayer & Reed over in our pattern shop, or sign up for our Newsletter in the footer of our website to get the new Hemlock! Current subscribers to our newsletter will receive the updated pattern in their inbox today, so keep an eye out for that.
If you have any questions about the patterns, or anything you’d like answered in our upcoming posts about the new size range or each individual pattern, please let us know in the comments below!
- Regular price
- Sale price