Introducing the Hadley Top
Today I'm so excited to introduce our newest pattern, the Hadley Top! When we started out working on this pattern we wanted to design a simple, elegant top that was extremely versatile. Something that would look equally good in a bold statement print or a gorgeous linen. The top should be wearable in all seasons and able to be both worn on its own or layered with a cardigan or blazer. It also needed to be appropriate for day or evening since that's definitely a garment that's missing in my own wardrobe, and of course, it needed to be comfortable! That's a tall order in a design but I think we achieved our mission.
Both View A and View B feature bust darts, deep hem facings, and a center front and center back seam — the latter two lending it a bit of an architectural feel. Although we have two views for this pattern, you can use the fronts, backs, and sleeves interchangeably. That means if you'd like a pleat back version without sleeves, or any other variation, you're set up for success.
As for the individual features of views A & B, lets start with view A.
- Jewel neckline: very flattering and also great with a wide variety of necklaces.
- Subtle hi-low hem: it's not super noticeable when wearing, but it's just enough longer in back that you don't have to worry about your lower back showing when you sit!
- Back pleat with keyhole opening: just a bit of drama.
- Long sleeves: these are full long sleeves, they should hit at the wrist.
Now lets check out the features of View B!
- Sleeveless: facings add a more refined touch than bias finishing.
- No back pleat: gives a slimmer silhouette to balance the V front
- Scooped V neckline: the graceful lines of this v-neck sit beautifully against the body.
- Center front and back seams: both views have this feature and it adds structure and interest.
- Deep hem facing: lends a high end finish to the top.
Hope you all enjoy this new pattern as much as I have since it was originally drafted. You can hop over to the shop and snag a copy of the PDF here or the Paper Pattern here. Can't wait to see them start popping up in our feed! And just a heads up, we changed our tagging structure for new patterns starting with Hadley, so tag your photos #grainlinehadley and #grainlinestudio to make sure we see them!
- Regular price
- Sale price