Fall '15 Wardrobe Plans
It's been a few weeks since my post on my fall wardrobe inspiration but I'm finally back with my fall / winter sewing plans! As always, these are things I'd love to make if I have time, but I'm not holding myself to any of this. I've learned over the years that keeping these wardrobe collections fun and relatively stress free is the best way for me to actually get any of them made. So lets get started!
1. Hawser by Jared Flood for Brooklyn Tweed: I've been knitting this for a bit now and I'm about halfway through the back piece. I've decided to knit it flat rather than in the round as the pattern calls for because I'm generally not a fan of having the weight of a huge sweater on my needles. I'm also modifying it to have a split hem with the back ribbing a bit longer than the front. I'm using BT Shelter in Cast Iron.
2. Diode by EricaKnits: I actually just finished this hat in some neon peach Madelinetosh Tosh Light but I love the pattern so much I want to knit a second one in a color that's maybe a bit more wearable. I'm thinking this could be some BT Loft I have stashed but I'll work up a swatch and see how it goes.
3. Mitts in Madelinetosh Tosh Sock: I made a pair of socks with this yarn over the summer and decided to use the leftovers to make myself a new pair of mitts. They're the type with the flip top so I never know what to call them, but they're coming along quite nicely. I'm hoping to finish them before Camp Workroom Social at the end of this week since it's going to be ice cold there, but we'll see what happens.
4. Cowl: I have no idea what pattern or yarn I'm going to use for this cowl, but every year I want one and every year I don't make one. I'm hoping this is the year?
5. Socks: I have three new sock yarns, all Madelinetosh Twist Light in the colorways Antique Lace, Faded Parka, and Modern Fair Isle. Again no patterns picked out quite yet but I did get a lot of great pattern (and yarn!) suggestions on this Instagram post from a few days ago. Thanks to all of you who left suggestions for me!
6. Yoga Leggings: I want to make some leggings for the yoga I really need to get back to this winter. I was so good last winter - went for months every week - then fell off the wagon when the weather got nice. I'm thinking about trying out the new Sewaholic Pacific Leggings because I like that the style is based in athletic wear rather than leisure. Thicker waistband, contoured seams, you know what I mean.
7. Hemlock Tee: On the yoga front, I really like wearing a cropped Hemlock to class with a tank underneath so I can layer it up at the beginning and end of class before and after things warm up. I have this awesome hemp/cotton blend jersey from Fancy Tiger and a random grey rib knit of unknown origins that will be perfect for the job.
8. Linden Sweatshirt: I bought these two fabrics specifically to make some sweater style Lindens. The black & white is a novelty knit from Mood which I can't find on the site at the moment, and the ivory knit is a wool jersey that feels so nice and will be a really nice, warm layering piece during the colder months.
9. Moss Skirt: It's getting to be my favorite time of year for the Moss because I love wearing it with tights & boots! I really really need one in black denim. I have a pretty good contender above but I'm really looking for a denim without white threads, which is hard to find. I might end up going with a regular twill if I can't find it but I'm going to search for a bit longer before I give up.
10. Lark Tee: Most of the Lark's I've made so far have been for sample purposes (though I stole one or two of those for myself) so I want to make up a few more. I'd love one in this white & black stripe hemp blend I used for the first Lark Variation, as well as one in this light peachy pink tissue jersey. The grey fabric is Nike DriFit jersey which is earmarked for a short sleeved Lark for working out.
11. Pants: No pattern for these yet, but I'd like them to be something between trousers and skinny jeans, made from a really nice wool twill I've been hoarding. I love skinny jeans but sometimes my knees just need to be free, you know what I'm saying? I'm imagining a loose, yet sleek, slightly tapered straight leg with slash pockets in front and welts in back. A step up from my typical jeans look. I also have denim for a few pairs of jeans when I get the time...which could be a while.
12. Archer Button Up: Three plaids for this one! I seriously need more Archers, I wear them nonstop and haven't made one in a while which means I'm about to wear through a few of my current ones. The black is a thin cotton flannel, the white & black plaid is Japanese cotton shirting, and the red is the thickest, coziest Mammoth Flannel from Robert Kaufman. Can't want to get going on these, I really love sewing Archers!
13. Cascade Duffle Coat: It might seem like I have 4000 of these coats but most of them are samples and not for my every day wear. I wore out my personal short one over the past 2 winters from wearing it so much so I'd like to get a new one going. This fabric is a Rag & Bone coating from Mood that's no longer available, but I think it's going to be awesome!
14. Tamarack Jacket: I already have a few of these and love them SO MUCH. This will be our next pattern so more deets coming soon...! In addition to this list there are a few random things I'd like to make - some camisoles for layering, a white woven tank, a bra or two, and I also need to replace the lining in this coat which I still love to death and wear nonstop. I think this list should take approximately the rest of eternity so yeah, no big deal! I'm sure most of you have your fall sewing plans worked out already...any must makes on the list?