Quilt Planning and Fabric

Grainline Studio | Quilt Planning

So I think I finally planned out my new quilt. I’m going with Denyse Schmidt’s Hills ‘n’ Hollers pattern with the hills made from Lizzy House’s Constellations. I have all the constellation fabrics and just need to pick out my background fabric, after that I’ll become a needle turned applique ROBOT!!!

This entry was posted in Progress Report. Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Quilt Planning and Fabric

1. hannah says:

Normally I’m not a quilt person, but I really like what you’ve planned. I like the white background, do you think you’ll stick with it or pick another color?

2. martha says:

That is going to be an awesome quilt.

3. Rochelle New says:

Oooooo that’s going to be awesome!! Every time I see someone’s awesome quilt plans I think “Gee I REALLY need to learn how to quilt already!” One of these days I swear. Lord knows I have enough scraps for it! Haha! Can’t wait to see how this one turns out :)

• I’m going to try to be your quilting enabler because I think you would make a totally awesome quilt!! I totally have enough scraps too but did I use them? No way, I bought new fabric! Mental fabric illness…..

4. Meghan says:

Love this! I really really want to make a quilt – I can’t wait to see how yours turns out.

• Thanks! You should totally do some quilting. I started with Denyse Schmidt’s first quilt book and made some smaller projects, she’s really good with instructions. Plus my mom is sort of a quilting master…

5. joelle says:

i find quilting fascinating. probably because i know so little about it! i sometime feel a urge to learn and make a full king size quilt (because thats just what i do, start big, ha), but then i remember i actually like setting in sleeves and that there are a limited amount of hours in each day…

• Why is there never enough time for projects! I count sewing for Grainline as my job so I like to have a knitting or other sewing project for the evenings when I want to relax. Hahaha that is the weirdest sentence ever. Cant stop sewing!

6. Andrea says:

Your new quilt is going to be awesome! Yes, it will be tedious work at times, but just think of how warm & toasty you’ll be under it!

7. Beth says:

The plan looks beautiful! I’m looking forward to seeing the final quilt.

8. That looks classy and meticulous! I need to make myself a new duvet, and it will be much lazier than your project…

• Thanks! The more meticulous the project the more I seem to want to make it. Hahaha. I also want to make a duvet cover for this horrible green down comforter I have, when you’re as cold as me, a quilt just isn’t enough, you need a down comforter and wool throw as well. Ugh!

9. gingermakes says:

Oh, this is going to be so cool!

10. oonaballoona says:

ooh, this is going to be bananas. i don’t know if i can handle seeing the finished product (as it may tip me over the edge into QUILTDOM).

11. Amy says:

I like the simplicity of this design. Happy robot applique-ing!

12. Jeifner says:

This is a fabulous quilt plan, did you make it?