Moss Making Month

Grainline Studio | Moss Making Month

I’m a few days late on posting this but Stephanie at Makes the Things and Sara at An Elemental Life have declared April Moss Making Month! I’m pumped, these girls are always making stuff that I covet and I’m sure their Moss skirts will be no exception. You can follow along with them on Instagram by tagging #mossmakingmonth or following them on Instagram (makesthethings and anelementallife), don’t forget to tag #grainlinestudio and #mossskirt so I can see what you’re making as well if you join in! I’m hoping to get a Moss or two made myself since I basically lived in mine last summer. Hope you join in!

This entry was posted in Journal Entry and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Moss Making Month

1. Jane says:

Wow great timing, I cut and started sewing another moss mini yesterday!

2. Tammy says:

This looks like fun. I am wondering if you are working on a classic pants pattern? Your patterns are all stylish yet practical.

3. gingermakes says:

Oh man, I really want another! Gotta try to squeeze this in this month!

4. Made mine yesterday! Now I just need to take photos. Turned out great though I think.

5. Erika Arens says:

Aaaaand just bought the pattern. All I needed was an excuse.

6. lisa g says:

great idea! i’ve made the moss skirt several times, and they get worn frequently. guess i’ll have to make another!

7. Masha says:

Awesome! I didn’t even know this when I sewed Moss #2 last week. I have to get it blogged.

8. I’ll definitely have to check this out on Instagram. I’m about to hem my first Moss, and I’ve already got fabric prepped for another. Another brilliant pattern you’ve designed there.

9. yosami says:

Ok I’m in for this. I’ve had this pattern for a year and this is the push I need to finally make it thanks! I want to make it a bit longer though – am I better just lengthening the main skirt pieces or using the band design bearing in mind that I’m only using one fabric, a leopard print twill with no contrast fabric for the band? Thanks would appreciate suggestions.

10. Debbie says:

I live in my denim moss skirt. It was great through winter with tights and boots and looking forward to wearing it with bare legs and sandals again! I have some brown twill type fabric set aside for another Moss. I had better get going!!

11. swoodsonsays says:

Clicking over to check out the hash tag; and linking it up here: http://swoodsonsays.com/sew-a-long-calendar/ :)