December is Archer Appreciation Month

Grainline Studio | Archer Appreciation Month

Hey guys, I have some super exciting news for you. Erin of Miss Crayola Creepy andĀ Rochelle of Lucky Lucille have put together a little challenge called Archer Appreciation Month for December! I was beyond excited when they contacted me about it, you guys know I need no reason to sew one up for myself but if I have a reason I feel a little bit less crazy. If you’ve been thinking about sewing up an Archer or making a second or third, now’s a great time to sew along with us. Once you’ve finished your Archer, upload it to the Grainline Studio Flickr Group with the tag #archerappreciation and I’ll be posting all of the December Archers here to show them off in January.

Grainline Studio | Archer Appreciation Month

You can download the Archer pattern here and if you need a little extra help along the way you can find the Archer Sew-Along posts here and I’ll be posting a few Archer tips and style changes over the month as well. I hope you’ll join along with us! Grab the badge above for your sidebar if you’d like and tag your social media #archerappreciation so we can all see it! Now I’m off to work on Archer number 12 or so. I’ve lost count at this point…

This entry was posted in Journal Entry and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to December is Archer Appreciation Month

1. Kelly says:

I can’t wait to see them all! I wish I could participate, but I’m just so bad at sew alongs and challenges, and then I start feeling frustrated with myself over something that should just be fun… I totally appreciate Archer, though, it’s my favorite shirt pattern!

2. Rach says:

Oooo, can’t wait to see all the different Archers. I’d love to make one – hopefully I’ll find some time to do it!

3. Rochelle New says:

So excited!! I’m starting mine this week!!! :)

4. Ping says:

Perfect! I have three Archers to sew up this month heehee

5. Dalila says:

Great! I’m in : )

6. Kelly says:

What fun! I can’t wait to see all the Archers, and your variations! I just started a jacket but as soon as I am done I am moving on to Archers….I think I have fabric for 6 of them :)

7. sallie says:

Oh how I appreciate the Archer!! This is such a great idea! I’m particularly excited to see some of the variations – especially after glimpsing that Archer popover you made (fingers crossed that’s one of the variations, because I *may* have already planned out my fabric for it and everything!)

8. Jana says:

Hi Jen,

I’ve loved the Archer ever since you released it, but been too intimidated to try and make one myself. I’ve finally grabbed the pattern and definitely want to try as soon as possible, though I’m not sure I’ll manage to finish one in December.

In any case, I just wanted to ask whether you’re planning to talk about how to adjust the sleeves to make a short-sleeved version? I’ve already bought fabric for two Archers, but they would both work better for summer, and I’d also like to make my first attempt easier on myself by avoiding the cuffs. I’m still enough of a beginner that I’m not quite sure whether just cutting off the sleeve pattern piece will work (and if so, which length would look right), or whether I should do anything to the width or shape of the sleeve.
    If you have any pointers for me on this, that would be awesome!

Thanks for a great pattern that I’m really, really looking forward to sew, and for the sew-along (that I read when you did it, and will definitely read again more than once)!

9. jess says:

Would you mind doing a quick post on how to cut the fabric to ensure the plaid matching for archer?
    Thank you.

• jess says:

I have more than 5 plaids for archer but afraid I will mess it up …
      I read other blog post on matching plaid but still get confused …

10. Pingback: 25reasons | Grainline Studio Archer Shirt in Marc Jacobs Plaid Voile

11. Pingback: 25reasons | Grainline Studio Archer Shirt in Alexander Henry Voile & Liberty Tana Lawn

12. Pingback: Filling the Wardrobe Gaps | My Sewing Melee