Hemlock Tee Pattern [it's free]

Grainline Studio | Hemlock Tee Pattern [it's free]

Grainline Studio | Hemlock Tee Pattern [it's free]

Hey guys, I’ve got a little summer treat for you. It’s a free pattern! We all know I’m obsessed with boxy tops and from what I’ve seen on my Instagram, you guys are too, so now we have the Hemlock Tee!

Grainline Studio | Hemlock Tee Pattern [it's free]

Grainline Studio | Hemlock Tee Pattern [it's free]

This tee is a little bit different than the regular patterns you can purchase in my shop. It’s a one size pattern, meaning it’s not graded, and, rather than coming with a fully illustrated instruction booklet, the instructions can be found here on the blog (I’ll be posting them in just a bit).

Grainline Studio | Hemlock Tee Pattern [it's free]

A few pattern details for you -
Finished Measurements are Bust – 44.5″ // Hip – 46.5″
The pattern is drafted for use with a serger meaning that all seam allowances are 3/8″
My measurements (for comparison) Bust – 32″ // Hip – 37″ // 5’6″ tall
You’ll need 1.5 yards of fabric 45 – 60″ wide

Pattern is 20 pages long and can be printed on both US Letter and A4 paper

The beautiful Japanese tissue knits I used here were provided to me by Britex.
You can find them here: stripe // neon // charcoal

Grainline Studio | Hemlock Tee Pattern [it's free]

If you’d like to make one of your own, click the link below to download your copy. Be sure to post in our Flickr group if you make one!

Grainline Studio | Hemlock Tee Download

This entry was posted in Patterns and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

135 Responses to Hemlock Tee Pattern [it's free]

1. powell2317 says:

How exciting! We are the same size too so I can see what the fit will be like, very handy:) Thank you.

2. Mai says:

Oh, what a treat! I’ve just this minute bought the Moss Mini and Maritime Shorts from Etsy, thank you so much for the freebie Jen! Mai xx

3. Maddie says:

I smell another hit summer pattern! I love the shape of it as I am a boxy top type of girl.

4. Erin says:

Oooh! I’m so excited about this! Thank you so much!

5. yoshimi says:

Thank you so much for your very generous offer! The red/white stripy one looks too cute.

6. Gjeometry says:

Fabulous! I love your colour blocked one. Thanks for the free pattern!

7. Sarah says:

Thanks, Jen! Your neon one is awesome!

8. Jen says:

I love it! I need to work up the guts to actually sew something.

9. mary says:

WOW! thank you! Love your versions!

10. Nicole says:

Awesome! Thanks for sharing this :-) Love the colour block version

11. Kelly says:

Yay!!! We have almost the exact same measurements, no wonder your patterns fit me so well :) I am excited to make some of these, thanks for the freebie!

12. Carolyn says:

Aw thanks Jen! That’s super nice of you. I’m really loving both your versions. Gotta get my hands on some stripy knits.

13. Tasha says:

ahhhh I’m so excited! I’m 8 months pregnant right now, and I’ve only started getting back into sewing in the past couple months. I am so anxious to sew for myself! Thank you!

14. Karin says:

Thank you! Awesome, super great top!

15. Wanett says:

DUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!! You KNOW I’m all up into slouchy tees ;o)

16. Oh yes. You’re the best. You know that right?!

17. carlalissa says:

Love it! Thank you.

18. Tiffany says:

I love Britex. They are bit expensive but their fabrics are amazing, ooh and the selection. great fabric choices.

19. Elena says:

Love this! The red striped tee has a very marimekko vibe.

20. Iryna says:

Yey! It feels like Christmas in summer lol!

21. kristin says:

Ooooh this looks awesome for fall! Thanks, Jen!! Love the fabrics you chose.

22. katie says:

I love the drop shoulders! Thanks for this!

23. shivani says:

oh wow thank you so much for the (amazing) freebie! I’m yet to tackle knits properly, so I think this will be perfect for that! I love this boxy style – thanks again!

24. OMG! thank you for this! i love the stuff you makeeee!

25. ZoSews says:

You’re awesome! I love this top. Red stripes are rad.

26. This looks great, thanks so much for making this available! Also totally something I’ve been wanting to sew over the last few weeks, in stripes as well. Thank you universe/Jen!

27. ThreadTime says:

I love the striped version. Looks so comfy. Thanks for the free pattern. You are too sweet. And thanks for all the measurement details! That helps so much in determining if it will work for other body sizes, yet I don’t see that very often. Kudos to you!

28. CG says:

Hurrah! Thank you Jen! This has just jumped into my queue of ‘to makes’… I have a charity shop ‘Farhi’ t-shirt with cut on, almost kimono-like sleeves, very much like the pattern and it is just about the most comfy top I own.

Although Hemlock will have line up behind my current pressing ‘*need to make second version of this pattern*’ compulsion which leads to *another* Scout Tee and *another* Moss skirt being up ahead of it! Such a compulsion that I find myself trying to squeeze the skirt out of the rems of a dress I just finished for a friends wedding (loud and floral on a teal lawn – oh yea!).

29. mariegardeski says:

oooh, it’s great! thanks so much for the free pattern!

30. -Z says:

This is so great! I love the simple basic shape…it’s going to be so fun to play around with (different sleeves, fabrics, etc.). Thanks so much!

31. susan says:

That is very kind of you to offer this free pattern! Thank you and I can’t wait to make a version of it.

32. Eleyna says:

Thank you so much for the pattern :) yay!

33. Pingback: Britex Fabrics - Blog

34. Lily says:

Could you make this on a regular machine? Or just a serger? Thanks!

35. emily marie says:

Thanks, Jen! Looks super comfy and wearable (as always). Also, sweet high-tops!

36. lisa g says:

sweet! i’ve been thinking of slouchy tees for fall… this will be perfect!

37. Pingback: Hello Hemlock | Blogless Anna...

38. Clover says:

I can’t seem to download it… :-(. I tried from safari and Internet explorer. Any suggestions?

39. jess says:

I love love the name HEMLOCK …
    Love the red/white top …

40. nicki says:

Ooh thanks Jen!

41. meghan says:

you’re tempting me to get back to the ole sewing machine – this top is great!

42. blancapate says:

Love this top!! And I love that we’re almost the same measurements, so I know it’ll fit like it’s supposed to. :) Question – do you think it would work well in a regular knit, also? Like a lightweight bamboo knit? Just wanted to see what you think – I don’t have as much experience with knits and there are some gorgeous bamboo knits out there!! Thanks for the freebie – such a nice surprise!!

43. Pingback: Linky Thursday | Stacy Sews

44. Pingback: Grainline Hemlock slouchy tee | thornberry

45. nette says:

Thank you so much for sharing!!! I loved these on instagram. :-)

46. Pingback: The Love List 2013.08.11 - mabelmakes

47. Pingback: random links and ramblings | thornberry

48. Pingback: Behind the Hedgerow – starting to live up to its name (and a call for local knowledge) | Behind the Hedgerow

49. Pingback: My first experiment with jersey :Vogue – V8792 | lizzylikescake

50. Pingback: Happiness is a Hemlock (or three) | not sew simple

51. Pingback: lounge wear | notes from a mad housewife

52. Pingback: A Stripey Hemlock Tee | CUT CUT SEW

53. Geraldine says:

54. Pingback: What We’re Making! Hemlock Tee by Grainline Studio | Pink Chalk Studio

55. Thank you so much for this pattern, which I have been strenuously resisting because, heck, you know, it’s just a t-shirt. But, dang, it’s such a cute one! I couldn’t resist any longer. :)

56. Pingback: Hemlock Tee Gone Wild | MontanaDesigns

57. Pingback: Hemlock | crafty little bugger

58. Pingback: hemlock | the slow steady

59. Pingback: It’s Spring Somewhere, Right? - Exploring Creativity, One Project at a Time

60. Pingback: Free Sewing Patterns on the Web | Busy Elle Bee

61. Pingback: AW13 Sewing Plans | Sew I'm New To This

62. Pingback: Simple Sweater » makes the things

63. Pingback: Selfish Sewing Week hosted by Made with Moxie and Imagine Gnats | Pink Chalk Studio

64. Pingback: Life Lately | grainline

65. Pingback: Sew & Tell | Portia of Miss P | grainline

66. Pingback: How a Fabric Stash Can Stifle Creativity / Amy Alan / Really Handmade

67. Pingback: hemlock tee | notes from a mad housewife

68. Pingback: Anthropologie Knock-Off Tutorial! | Apricot Adventure

69. Pingback: Animal print Hemlock | the secret life of seams

70. Pingback: Maternity dress (Hemlock tee hack) | stitch&cappuccino

71. Pingback: Janet Sews: Top Twelve Independent Pattern Companies | The Make Den Sewing Studio

72. Pingback: Circle Skirts | Katy & Laney

73. Pingback: Moving house, teacher gifts & Sewjourn | Blogless Anna...

74. Pingback: Top 5 GOALS for 2014 |

75. Pingback: New year, new skirt, new top, new stock, new post… | dreaming of avonlea

76. Pingback: Reflections + Predictions ~ Kelli Ward of True Bias | Sew Mama Sew |

77. Pingback: greysfabric » Free Tees for Meees!

78. Pingback: Sewing Project: Hemlock Tee from Grainline Studio | samandthestitch

79. CarmencitaB says:

Hello there, I am trying to download the pattern and I get a big Pin It on hover thing and have no access to the direct link. Is there another link I can download directly from? Thanks.

80. Rixtje says:

I can not click on the download link, when I want to I only can pin that image… Can you please send me the pattern or tell me where I can find the correct download link?

81. Is the pattern no longer available? When I attempt to click on the link it only gives me the option to “pin” the link image in pinterest.

82. Pingback: serging away… | grt*escp

97. Pingback: The Plan for Gearing Up for MMM 2014 | grayallday

98. Pingback: invasion of the knit fabrics | thornberry

99. Pingback: hemlock tee dress | notes from a mad housewife

100. Pingback: Planning my winter wardrobe | Fifty Two Fancies

101. Pingback: Summer Inspiration | clo's

102. Pingback: hemlock tee | indigorchid

103. Pingback: Fabric shopping! (Or, Help! I think I have a Problem…) | Fifty Two Fancies

104. Pingback: Me-Made-May’14 Week 1 | Jagged Rose

105. Pingback: Me-Made-May 2014 – Week 2 | Katy & Laney

106. Pingback: T-shirt grainline scout woven tee | Sewing and co

107. Pingback: Stretchy sewing! | The Monthly Stitch

108. Pingback: Hemlock beyond recognition | grayallday

109. Pingback: An experimental Hemlock | Blogless Anna...

110. Pingback: TMS Sew Stretchy – a super slouchy hemlock tee | Is it fitting?

111. Pingback: Projects

112. Pingback: Stretch 3 ways | The Monthly Stitch

113. Pingback: Hemlock tee variation #1 | Made by Toya

114. Pingback: Hemlock copy-cat | Seams right to me

115. Pingback: The Platanos Shirt | Struggle Sews a Straight Seam

116. Pingback: TSC: Hemlock Tee | Phase 28

117. Pingback: A Minimalist Wardrobe - lexichelle

118. Pingback: Khadi Hemlock | Pinned

119. Pingback: 9 Free Women’s PDF Shirt Patterns! | Craft Buds

120. Pingback: Swoodson Says – 10 Indie Patterns to Sew for Yourself for Fall

121. Pingback: DIY Le Col Plastron Ecailles | Unkonito

122. Pingback: The Grainline Hemlock and Espresso Leggings

123. Pingback: Fantastic Fox, Black Lace & Zigzag | Unkonito

124. Amy says:

Has anyone tried this pattern with a heavier sweatshirt fleece type material? Or have any thoughts on that? :)

125. Pingback: Mon « Doudou » sans manche | Unkonito