Evergreen Hat

I made this hat a last month from some KnitPicks Merino Style yarn using the Simple Pleasures Hat pattern from Purl Soho. I lost my hat in a car in NYC last November and went all winter without one which was a little inconvenient so I decided I needed one this year. It was getting cold out so I found this yarn in my stash and went with it.

At first I thought it turned out a little more dude style than I had wanted but now I really like it. It’s really warm and soft, my only complaint is the cuffed brim leaves me talking really loudly since it muffles my hearing quite a bit. Overall this knit was a success!

This entry was posted in Knitted Garments. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Evergreen Hat

1. Super cute. I like how masculine the hat is.

This is completely a side note (or story) but on Friday, the company I work for hosted a ‘Knitting 101′ workshop, which I attended. Yes, I can sew anything, including body parts, but when it comes to knitting, I know nothing. The workshop was horrible. To state it briefly, I was the worst student in the class. I couldn’t even get past a cast off! It made me laugh. I guess I’ll stick to what I’m good at.

• gingermakes says:

Body parts?! More info, please!

• I am also curious about these “body parts,” the closest to a body part I’ve ever sewn was an arm for my dress form. Knitting totally blows at first, like woah I can’t believe I’m so bad at that holy crap, blows but if you stick with it for a tiny bit it gets way easy, though fitting is obviously a pain in the ass since you have to actually make the fabric. If you got to the cast off part that means you got the other parts though and that’s not nothing!!!

2. sallie says:

I love this style of hat! Little bit dude, but totally comfy and cozy (and do you REALLY need to hear what people say?? Just kidding… sort of…) Your knitting always makes me want to learn how to knit once and for all.

• Haha I definitely think I don’t need to hear most of the time! You should totally learn to knit, it’s great for two reasons. 1. because then you can knit and 2. because then you OD on bird and volcano documentaries without feeling guilty because you’re being so totally productive. At least that’s what I’ve been telling myself lately!

3. waysideviolet says:

Looks great! Nice and comfy!

4. Michelle says:

Ah, well, loud talking is a fair trade for warm ears. Yes? Looks good.

5. gingermakes says:

I think it’s super cute! Maybe a tiny bit bro-tastic, but you’re totally rocking it and it’s a great shade of green for you! Looks so warm and soft!

6. marie says:

i love it! such a nice green… (here’s my version of the same hat: http://www.gardeskibirkey.com/imaginaryanimal/2011/02/hat-success.html) :-)

7. LK says:

Haha, talking really loudly, just think that most other people are wearing earmuffs or hats too so they need the extra volume. I love the slight boyishness!

8. paige says:

this is adorable. the perfect knit hat.

9. Dana says:

You are so inspiring. I come visit your blog every few months and am inspired upon every return. keep it up!

10. Carolyn says:

Jen, have you seen these narwhal mittens? I just came across them on ravelry and it seems like they would be totally your thing.

11. Iceland looks amazing! I think I must head there sometime… and hopefully wearing a nice knit!

12. Irene Resendiz says:

I really love your hat. It came out so nice! Do you have any recommendations as to what type of yarn to use? I know you suggested one but are there any other yarns you could see working just as good or better?