2012 Recap | Knit Projects

Well it appears that knitting wise, 2012 was the year of the sock for me! 6 pairs total, though one was for my sister, and if we’re being honest I have yarn for 4 more pairs. I just can’t get enough of their snuggly warmth. Warmer and softer than SmartWool and they also don’t cut off my terrible circulation to my feet with a tight ankle band. I also knit a hat for myself though I haven’t blogged it yet, soon though. You can find more info on each project on Ravelry if you’re interested. Unfortunately I didn’t finish my Icelandic sweater yet but I really am working on it. Ahhh, that sweater!!

This entry was posted in Journal Entry and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to 2012 Recap | Knit Projects

1. Rochelle New says:

So inspiring!! I lust learned how to knit last month so I’m not making socks yet, but I love what you’re saying about snuggly warmth with no cutting off circulation! So many pretty colors, too :)

2. Rachel says:

I’m starting a basic knitting class next week with the express purpose of knitting socks and only socks. They seem like the best luxury ever. Good job!

3. Julie says:

such awesome little knits! nothing beats handknit socks in the winter, that’s for sure.

4. Kirsty says:

Your socks are the absolute best. I must learn to knit socks this year, just so I can use that wool.

5. Melissa says:

Your handknit socks are warmer than Smartwool? I may have to foray into sock-making now. Very impressive collection – especially because handknits take SO MUCH TIME to make. Very worth it, of course. They’re all very good-looking (and darn-worthy, when it comes to that). Hope your 2013 is excellent!

6. I love all these socks – they’re so cute! I still haven’t fallen down the sock knitting rabbit hole but your grey and red and grey and yellow ones had me very tempted!

7. gingermakes says:

These socks are just so cool! I love them!

8. 2012 was the year of knitting for me too–in that I learned to knit! 2013 will be the year of socks for me, and a sweater. Your socks are all so cute and seem pretty straightforward. What about really crazy socks, with colorwork and whatnot?