Moss Skirt Views and Style Ideas

I can’t believe I forgot to mention in my original Moss Skirt pattern post that this design is from the Hound F/W ’11 collection! I thought I would share these photos to give you a bit more inspiration as to fabrication. This version is made up in a metallic linen and I’m so so sad I didn’t get to keep one for myself. Katie, our model here, even chose this skirt as her take home garment after the shoot.

I’ll be putting more photos of View B (the longer version) in the shop now that I’ve finally worked out how to arrange more photos, for some reason they were showing up in the wrong place before. I’m also trying really really really hard not to order some of this eggplant corduroy for yet another version of this skirt. It would just be so cute with tights and these boots I also am really really really trying not to order… oh boy!

Also all of these photos are by Julia Stotz and Brian Guido for Hound.

This entry was posted in Patterns and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Moss Skirt Views and Style Ideas

1. Kirsty says:

I love it in the metallic linen. Thanks for posting.

2. gingermakes says:

I love the way you’ve styled this skirt! The geometric print of that blouse is to die for!

3. Beth says:

I love the skirt AND the printed top. Gorgeous!

4. Isa says:

I love it, it’s gorgeous! May I ask where I could find metallic linen online?

• I wholesaled mine but a quick search has revealed some at NYFashion Center Fabrics and B&J used to carry it but I can’t seem to find it on their site. Could be worth calling though.

• Kristina says:

Isa, I have the same question you had back in 2012 on this metallic linen. Did you find any? I saw some on Mood’s website, but I can’t tell if the weight is good for the skirt. Would love to know if you were successful sourcing it. Thanks!

• Isa says:

Hi! I ordered swatches from NYFashion Center Fabrics, they were all gorgeous. I still haven’t ordered yardage to make the skirt, though. Too many projects, too little time. :)

5. resist ordering! Although I really hope that your urge pulls through because this skirt in an eggplant corduroy would DEFINITELY look good with boots and tights.

6. Kristina says:

Moderator: I just saw that the original source, NYFashion, appears to carry this fabric now, so I don’t need a reply (and my original post can be not posted). Thank you! Kristina