Maritime Shorts | 35001

I’m so excited to officially introduce the Maritime Shorts pattern!! This is one of my favorite patterns I’ve made, I already have 2 pairs (here and here) and another cut out on my table ready to sew. The pattern is originally from the hound s/s ’11 collection and is the first hound pattern I’ve made for download.

These shorts have a modern fit, curved front pockets, back patch pockets and a fly front closure. The pattern includes printouts for both A4 and US Letter paper and a fully illustrated instruction packet.

Suggested fabrics for this pattern are medium to medium heavy (generally labeled as ‘bottom weight’) fabrics such as denim, twill or linen. The above pair are made in a medium weight cotton Ikat and I’m really dreaming of a colorful light twill pair with a scalloped hem adjustment. You can check out the new pattern here…hope you enjoy!

This entry was posted in Patterns and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Maritime Shorts | 35001

1. Maria says:

These are fantastic! Can’t wait to get started (when I’ve finished everything else I’m currently sewing…). Think I might get ahead of the game and sew a couple in autumnal materials – actually who am I kidding, that’s what I need for the weather in England right now.

2. Ginger says:

Yay! These are seriously cute!

3. so cute! looks like they’d be a great fit!

4. sallie says:

Yes! I’ve been holding off on making a new pair of shorts until this pattern was released! So excited for it!

5. Lizz says:

Yay! Congratulations on the release!

6. anto says:

This looks like such a great pattern! Congrats on the release. I really want to sew a pair of these shorts for myself soon.

7. Grace says:

The link isn’t working for me. I tried accessing it from the pattern store and it doesn’t work either.

• I’ve had a few people have this problem today, then it seems to resolve itself on its own…trying to figure out the problem, but not having much luck. Maybe give it a try in a little bit? It’s working for me so I can’t figure out what the error is.

8. Julie says:

they look so awesome, and i love the details on the pockets!

9. emily says:

Yay! Congrats! This is very exciting. I have some hot pink linen/cotton that has now met its match. Though I realllly want to make some printed shorts too! Hm….

Any chance of some closer pictures of your dark solid coloured ones? I love the curvy hem on those and would love to try it on a version…

Thanks!

• I’m actually working on a tutorial for the curved hem adjustment right now! It’s super easy and will have lots of pics. Should be up midweek next week!

• emily says:

You rock! I am even more excited now. how I wish I had a printer at home! These are on the sewing table first thing next week though I think!

/grainline fangirl

10. liza jane says:

Awesome! I was JUST about to trace a Burda shorts pattern….

11. ebony h. says:

congrats! i’ve been crushing on these shorts ever since they first appeared in the Hound lookbook & have loved both versions you’ve made for yourself. so excited that you’ve released this pattern!

12. Paunnet says:

I was so excited when I saw a new pattern release from you! I’m not exactly a shorts kind of girl, but I’d love to try these out eventually!

13. Miranda says:

Love these. Can’t wait to make some. Do you think I’ll be able to adjust the inseam length pretty easily, or will that throw the whole thing off? I like’m to the knee…

• I would make a muslin first but it shouldn’t be hard, you’ve got the skills! Just extend the inseam lines evenly following the curve of the seams for a bit, the back leg will be a bit wider than the front leg (just a heads up). Alternately you could put a pair of pants that fit how you like on top of the pattern and follow that matching the top of the inseam. Does that help at all? It’s sort of hard to write out so it makes sense.

14. lauren says:

I haven’t worn shorts in almost 20 years but I want to make these. I love them and I want that fabric so bad too.

15. Stephanie says:

Omg, I love these so much. I was going to work on fall planning, but ikat shorts are perfect for fall, right? Maybe some denim ones too?

16. Amy says:

Oh this is perfect! Just this week, a friend was asking me ‘do you have a flat-front shorts pattern’ and wants to use ikat. I’ve really wanted an excuse to try one of your patterns! I love all the little pocketses!

17. Beth says:

These are great! I love them!

18. Skyy2 says:

I love these! Just brought my pattern and going to try my hands at this today. Thank you so much!