The Arizona Shorts and Trip

Well I’m back from Arizona! It was a pretty short trip but a lot of fun, unfortunately most of the photos I took were with my phone for Instagram. I got my shorts finished up in time and good thing because it sure is hot there! The shorts were made with my own pattern and the fabric is a medium weight cotton Ikat from B&J Fabrics. We were in town for Luke’s show at the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art which was packed for the opening! Anyway back to the shorts, I am totally digging them and just ordered some denim to make another pair with another variation. Yes!!! Now I need to go caffeinate again and finish unpacking and cleaning for Luke’s niece’s arrival tomorrow. Jam packed June.

This entry was posted in Sewn Garments and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to The Arizona Shorts and Trip

1. Daligula says:

Those shorts look great! And your shoes.. Lovely color!

2. Ginger says:

LOVE the shorts– they’re killer! Can’t wait to see your denim ones!

• jen | grainline says:

Thanks! I think it’s been about 10 years since I owned denim shorts so I’m pretty pumped up about them!

3. Kerri says:

oh your own pattern! of course, I should’ve known that. they turned out great! :)

4. Miranda says:

I love your fabric combo! That Ikat is perfect for summer shorts (an item that is decidedly lacking in my closet.) I’m gunna need to follow your lead on these. Sometime soon…

5. A printed short success! Love the whole outfit actually.

6. maddie says:

the shorts look awesome. The print is definitely stellar and I think they will look awesome in denim. Stay sane during your hectic month!

7. Sky Turtle says:

They look so cool! I like the blouse too!

8. Love the shorts! Are you going torelease a pattern because they look really good ;D

9. sallie says:

Whoa! What a weird parallel of events! I just made some shorts (no pockets – I was crunched for time) from some leftover B&J Ikat right before I went to Marfa TX – where there are similar desert conditions. Your shorts look way cooler than mine though!

• jen | grainline says:

That IS crazy! I think I was up till 2am or some junk finishing these up in a hurry but also feeling sort of silly for making “Arizona Theme” shorts. I really want to go to Marfa, I really think everyone I know has been there but me, I guess that’s what happens when most your friends are in the arts. Can’t wait to see your shorts and hear more about your trip!

10. B says:

Love your shorts and would love a pattern. HAd a question about the B&J ikat. Are all the cottoan ikat ont he wesite the same weight. Is ther ea way to figure the weight of the ikat fabric on their site.

11. Pingback: Summer Wardrobe | Planning | grainline