Handmade Wardrobe | Spring 2012 Group

[image via design sponge]

So, Spring Wardrobes! It seems like a few of you would be interesting in sharing our spring wardrobe plans in one place so I’ve started the Handmade Wardrobe | Spring 2012 Flickr group so that we can do just that! I am imagining this to be a relaxed project, no deadlines (well besides the onset of summer, but you know) and no guilt over projects unrealized. ┬áMore of a space to share our inspirations, sketches, ideas, projects and encouragement with likeminded sewers and friends. The requirements for joining are pretty lax, some sort of garment sewing plan for spring and an appreciation of a closet full of your beautiful handmade garments. Sewing, knitting, crocheting or whatever else you can do to make a garment are all totally legit in this group. I’m sure this group will evolve a bit, but here it is! I’ve made some badges if anyone is interested, I’ve posted them after the break with their code because a bunch of code on the front page of a blog is really boring and ugly. I hope you’ll join me!

Here are the badges. Copy and paste the code into your site and your badge will automatically be linked to the Flickr group. If you have any trouble just let me know.

*Okay things are actually fixed now, I promise promise. I am a dunce and didn’t realize the code needed to be placed in plain text boxes. Sorry for the troubs.

This entry was posted in Journal Entry and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Handmade Wardrobe | Spring 2012 Group

1. kate says:

oh yes! I love this idea. I’ll join will pleasure.

2. fun! says:

i LOVE this idea! i already started doing something similar as a personal challenge (i named it the 2012 dirty dozen haha) three down already! anyways, i can’t get your little pic to show, just a little “?”. does it have to go in the main code? because i tried to put it as a sidebar widget which has worked for me before on blogger. thoughts?

3. Neus says:

Ohhh perfect! I’ve just added the button!

4. indigorchid says:

Oh, you’re so cute! Are you allowed to magically tranfer your fall (ehm.. unrealized) wardrobe plans into spring ones? ;)

5. ebony h. says:

This sounds super fun, and I’m actually making a few sewing plans for this spring/summer! But… I’ve been trying to add your badge to my (paltry) wordpress blog & can’t seem to make it work. I’ve tried to cut and paste the full code into the “text” widget, but I just end up with a little blue boxed question mark. This does link to Flicker, but to a bad page. Not sure what I’m doing wrong… Any help would be appreciated.

6. Great idea Jen! I’m tried to add the cloud button and then the floral but I think blogger is being a pain again and just a little box appeared instead of the button….

7. jen | grainline says:

Sent you an email. They’re all fixed now. I feel bad I blamed blogger, I’m just a dweeb who can’t properly insert html into rich text. So glad you’re participating though, love everything you make!

8. Stephanie says:

those are such cute buttons that i might just have to participate!

• jen | grainline says:

Ooh please do! You are making me jealous with that last knit top you made. So nice! I’m still scared of knits really.

9. Macstars says:

I’m very excited for spring sewing. Forget the heavy fabrics and dark colors and bring on the cotton lawns and brights colors! I’ve given myself two weeks to finish the winter sewing (I have a test in the middle of that) and then it’s on like donkey kong! I’ve got the fabrics and patterns ready, so I’m going to make my plan of attack. Can’t wait to see what everyone makes up!

• jen | grainline says:

I’ve done the same thing, 2 weeks to finish up any stragglers and then it’s spring from then on out! So ready for spring it’s crazy.

10. i’m in! i have too many crazy ideas floating in my head and not enough mtoivation to execute them…..hopefully this will kickstart it!

11. melissa q. says:

count me in! I’m so excited. I have a long list of spring/summer wardrobe items I was prepared to sew all by my lonesome. I’m so glad I found team sew happening here.

12. sallie says:

Bit late in jumping on board – I’m totally in!

13. Pingback: summer sewing project :: the halter top | a happy stitch

14. Jess says:

Hello, I’ve been following along with the Flickr group and I’d love to join in, but is it ok that I’m sewing for Autumn/Winter instead? I love how relaxed it is!

15. Truly Myrtle says:

I followed one of your lovely buttons and found you here! What a lovely surprise – I am so up for this! My wardrobe needs a handmade makeover. I’m in!