tiny pocket tank : pattern pdf

Here we have it, my first downloadable pattern, the Tiny Pocket Tank!  I originally designed this top last summer when I had some extra cotton chambray at my disposal and it quickly became one of my favorite tops (here’s the original).  This version is made up in a printed cotton + silk blend which has a slightly fancier feel, due to both the print and the slight sheen from the silk content, than the original top.  I’m pretty pumped about this one and have already put it to use.  I finished it late Saturday night, I don’t waste any time, haha.  It looks great on it’s own or layered with cardigans or blazers, aside from my bad hair day.
Here are the pattern details:
Description : A great basic top for spring and summer which does double duty as a layering piece in fall and winter.  This top features a tiny pocket as well as bust darts and a relaxed fit below the bust.  Suitable for many fabrics, dress it down for day in cotton chambray or make it fancy with a printed silk.
Materials : lightweight fabric (cotton, silk, charmeuse, voile, batiste, chambray, etc.)
Yardage : 0 – 2 – 4 : 1 3/4 yards of 45” or 54” wide fabric / 6 – 8 – 10 : 2 yards of 45” or 54” wide fabric.
Purchase Details : Pattern is available as a pdf download which you can find by clicking the Pattern Shop link in the top menu or clicking here.  The pattern will be automatically shipped to the email address associated with your paypal account and consists of two files (pattern + instructions) zipped together and is formatted to print at home on US Letter sized paper (8.5” x 11”).  The instructions feature black and white technical illustrations instead of photographs for clarity as well as to save on printer ink.  I will be posting a photographic step by step on the blog as well in case you need more clarity with less ink waste.

I also wanted to include the size chart here…all the sizes are nested, as most sewing patterns are, so that you can blend between sizes if needed.

View the step by step instructions here.
Hope you like it + if you decide to sew one up, let me know!
Buy Now

This entry was posted in Sewn Garments and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to tiny pocket tank : pattern pdf

1. simple things says:

Thanks Jen. I have some beautiful silk/linen fabric that will be perfect for this. And for $2.50 it's a no brainer! I'll be sure to let you know when it is made!

2. Melissa says:

Congrats on creating and posting your first pattern! I am so excited to make this tank. I have the perfect fabric ready and waiting!

3. Nettie says:

I agree, this purchase is a no brainer! Congrats! Off to purchase ;o)

4. anabela / fieldguided says:

Whoa, what a steal! Totally gonna get this and sew one up!

5. sarah says:

god you are so adorable. look at you! these pics are making me ***snaps***!! bad hair day…whatever dude. if i could sew at all i would be all over this.

6. Previously Owned says:

I think I am in love with this! ah! <3 Thanks for this! I'll let you know when it's finished!

7. jen says:

Thanks so much ladies, I can't wait to see your tops!

8. ashima says:

Very very nice. I love the cut of the neckline. That fabric is rad.

9. Mandi @ make it dear says:

perfect summer essential! can't wait to make one :)

10. Sara says:

Such a great top. I am thinking of trying to make it as a maternity top. It looks like it's loose enough to be pretty comfy over my growing belly :)

Thanks for making it available and for such a reasonable price!

11. Yvonne says:

what a pretty pattern. I'm sad its only sized for wee folk as i think it would look nice on larger bodies as well.

12. jen says:

Sara : Let me know how it goes, you might need to add a little length in the front so it doesn't rise up.

Yvonne : I agree but unfortunately a grade is only really accurate about 3 sizes up or down from the pattern size you start with. If I were to grade any larger than a 10, I would feel uncomfortable selling a pattern without a fit model, and I can't afford to get someone at the moment. Perhaps in the future though!

13. Bri says:

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing this, I am looking forward to making this one of my spring/summer projects! :)

14. Sundayn78 says:

Hi Jen,
    I was wondering where did you purchase the fabric! I love it!
    Crystal

15. jen says:

I got the fabric at Mood Fabrics online. I just bought it a few weeks before I made the top so they probably still have it.

16. amyjanebarnes says:

Hi, I've bought the pattern, but can't work out how to download it – is there a link?

17. Pingback: friendship bracelet swap « a place to waste time

18. Pingback: Tiny Pocket Tank x 3 « a place to waste time

19. LisaC says:

Hi!!! Just tried purchasing this via the “buy now” button, and gives me the error msg “We couldn’t find that page” … Let me know if it is my computer or if the pattern is not available for sale…
    Thanks! :D

20. JulieS says:

Hi there. I really like your blog, and your patterns are quite pretty! I’m also trying to buy the Tiny Pocket Tank, and the link for the ‘Buy Now’ gives me a “Page Not Found” error too. Please let me know what I can do — your tiny pocket tank is too cute to pass up! Thank you, and you’re great.

21. Pingback: When I find the time… « Alex Harris