Communications & Content Manager
Grainline Studio is looking for a Communications & Content Manager to join our team! This is a multi-faceted position within a fast-growing independent crafts company. The ideal candidate is creative, motivated, organized, and loves to sew.
About Grainline Studio:
We are a small, independent sewing pattern company based in Chicago, IL. At Grainline Studio our mission is to create professionally drafted, easy to use sewing patterns that will elevate our customer’s wardrobes while expanding their skill set. Quality is of the upmost importance to us, and we take our position in the crafting community seriously. We are looking for someone to join our team during an exciting time of growth as we expand our size range and work on renewing our commitment to education.
Grainline is a small company and we are a team in the truest sense of the word, working together daily to accomplish our individual and group goals in a fun, relaxed, and supportive environment. The Communications & Content Manager will work directly with our Founder as well as our Production Manager and Graphic Designer on a daily basis. As much as we value collaboration we also believe in giving the space and autonomy needed for our employees to make each job their own.
Responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Play a key role in maintaining and developing Grainline’s public voice across our various social media and blog platforms
- Manage the Grainline editorial calendar, which is used for our blog, social media & newsletter
- Create content in the form of text and photos for our media channels
- Develop and write sewing tutorials for our patterns as well as general sewing techniques
- Assemble and send out a weekly newsletter
- Plan and manage a scheduled calendar for social media posts
- Interact with our customers through our blog and social media channels
The Ideal Candidate Should:
- Possess a love garment sewing and a desire to share that love with others
- Be a proficient garment sewer
- Have experience working with home sewing patterns
- Have the ability to style, photograph and edit photos
- Be comfortable using social media, including Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Possess strong organizational skills with the ability to maintain multiple projects at once
- Have the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Have a working familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite
We are open to both part and full-time candidates, ranging from 30–40 hours per week with a pay range of $17–22/hr depending on experience. We are flexible to make this work for the right candidate. Full time employees are eligible for employer-sponsored health insurance and paid time off. This job is local to Chicago, IL.
To apply for this position please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 29, 2019: Cover letter and resume, along with a writing sample, photo sample, and an example of your sewing skills.