Willow Sew-Along Announcement
As promised we’ll be having a sew-along for the Willow for all the beginners out there, as well as anyone looking to pick up some extra tips. The sew-along will start next week, Monday May 30th so I wanted to give you the heads up on supplies now! It won’t be a long sew-along since the Willow is pretty straightforward but it’s important to me that it be available on the blog for those just getting into sewing!
You don’t need too much for the sew along, so I’ll do a quick run through on what I use to sew the Willow.
- I’ll be using this Grid Linen from Purl Soho and Carolyn Friedlander’s Euclid Cotton/Linen for the sew along garments. You’ll find the yardage you need for your garment on the back of your pattern envelope.
- Pins. I like these super sharp Dritz glass head pins but grab whatever you’re used to using that’s appropriate for your fabric.
- Thread in a color that matches your fabric.
- I use my machine’s 1/4″ foot for the entire pattern.
- You’ll need the Willow pattern of course!
- Scissors. I use Gingher dressmakers shears as well as a thread snip kept by my machine.
- Measuring tape or ruler for laying out your pattern and to assist with the pleat if you’re making the dress version
That’s it for now. If you have any prep questions just let us know in the comments below and we’ll do our best to help!