Changes & Growth

Grainline Studio

Hey guys! It’s been a bit of a post-lite January so far here as we go through some changes and attempt to keep up structurally with the growth we’ve experienced over the past year. Just wanted to keep everyone in the loop so here’s what’s going on!

• We’re in the middle of a website redesign which has been a huge undertaking but necessary to keep up with our trajectory. I’m really excited as it will make navigation easier for you and the ordering process easier for us!
  • We’re adding to our team, so things may continue to be a bit quieter than normal around here while everyone gets trained up and up to speed.
  • Of course we’re working on new patterns! 2015 was a banner year for releases for us and as long as everything goes according to plan, 2016 is going to be even more exciting on the pattern front!

If you follow us on Instagram (@grainlinestudio) you may have noticed that I’ve split my personal projects off into a separate account. I’ve gotten some questions about why I did this and honestly with the business and team growing, it just made sense. We love sharing studio scenes, progress shots, sneak peeks, as well as inspiring projects you guys have made with our patterns and want to do more of that. If you’d like to keep up with my knitting, plants & Roamy, you can find me here.

There’s a ton of awesome stuff cooked up for 2016 that I can’t wait to share with you, but first we need to make sure our infrastructure is in place and everything is running smoothly. Thanks for your continued support of this small company, we couldn’t do it without you!!

17 replies on “Changes & Growth

• Kara

You do such a great job of running your small business in a really professional way. I can’t wait to see what this year brings for you guys!

• Kate

Congratulations on a successful 2015! I support your efforts to stay ahead of the game, and will be inspired as I do the same with my business. Changes are not easy, but even that hassle is much easier than dealing with the consequences of not staying up-to-date. Good luck with it all!

• Fran Giacobbe

It’s apparent that you know what you are doing as your business has grown and appears to be most successful! Love ..and own…most of your patterns. Envy your knitting productivity! am a major slowpoke knitter and after moving to FL feel as though there are fewer items that would fit in my wardrobe. I wish you continued success and always look forward to your posts!

• PsychicKathleen

It’s heart warming to witness such a great and ethical small business prosper as yours is clearly doing! It inspires us all to believe in small business and encourages more women to be entrepreneurial which is really the ONLY way to be paid what you’re truly worth and help others at the same time to realize their dreams.

• Lodi Srygley

Absolutely PERFECT patterns and directions. Love all your efforts. I’d say work (which it is) but it seems to be a love project for you! We all love you! Lodi

• Melissa Lewis Reilly

Excellent web & business strategy! Hey- you’re a “job creator” (have to make fun of that term). Seriously – so thrilled that businesses like yours are doing so well. It says a lot about the power of the maker community, appreciation and demand for excellence. I’m equally impressed that you clearly understand the importance of UX to your customers too – I spend too many hours trying to persuade clients that every moment spent planning, testing and iterating a web site is worth every bit of effort- you’re such a great business person.

• Kelly

I am so excited to make every new pattern you release in 2016- you always seem to know what I need in my wardrobe before I do, haha. It’s fun to watch your company grow, I’m so happy for you!

• symondezyn

Congrats and thanks for the headsup on the Instagram change! I’ve missed your knitting and pics of the adorable Roamy <3 Can't wait to see what you have coming for 2016! ^_^

• Kesime Bernard

Just wanted to say I finally started my Scout Tee this weekend. Your pattern was so easy to use and understand for a novice like me, I was able to make two tees in one weekend! One woven and one knit. Looking forward to trying more of your patterns. Thank you!