Life Lately v.01

Grainline Studio | Life Lately

[all photos from my Instagram feed @grainlinestudio]

I’ve been slacking on the blog front this week, taking a little breather after the release of the Lakeside Pajamas I suppose. It’s just a breather from blogging though, not working… since releasing the pattern I’ve been crazy busy! In addition to snuggling with Roamy and the little beagle below, eV (short for electron volt, my brother-in-law is a physicist), responding to letters from young neighbors, eating simultaneously way too much and not enough gelato, and deadheading my mom’s roses I’ve been sewing and patterning up a storm!

Grainline Studio | Life Lately
Since last weeks pattern release I’ve sewn 1 pair of Maritime Shorts, 1 Moss Skirt, 1 Morris Blazer vest, 1 Ikat frankendress, corrected the Morris Blazer pattern for grading & digitizing, completed the pattern for and muslin tested one garment with 3 variations that will remain anonymous for the moment, made a pattern for an upcoming Britex collaboration post, and started plotting a really fun collaboration with a sewing party that everyone loves and I’m SUPER excited about. What a week! I’m going to try to do a book review / new garment combo post by the end of the week but if I don’t get that together, I hope you understand. I still have 2 photoshoots, 2 dresses and a shirt to sew, as well as some bookkeeping to do before the weekend. YIKES!! Send me all your productive vibes please, I will love you forever and EVER!

26 replies on β€œLife Lately v.01β€œ

• juebejue

woah!! thats a HUGELY productive week already!! πŸ™‚ its so cool to have sewing as more than just a hobby! by the way, i just bought and started to sew your kat dress, it is taking a while since i can only do 1 hour a day, if that, but i am IN LOVE with the pattern already! so I am very excited about your upcoming jacket pattern!

• jess

*sending productivity vibe*
    I love love love the morris vest, I hope there’ll be a vest variation in the pattern …
    And loveeeee the red ikat drees, is that a variation of the kat dress? How can we make one too? Lol …
    I guess I love ALL the clothes you make …

• Cameron

Extra productivity might push you over the edge in to superhuman territory. But all of these things sound very awesome and probably worth losing your mortality, so I’ll see what I can do. Excited to see what you have up your sleeve!

• Zoe

Damn lady, what a week you’ve had!!! Thank goodness you were able to make time for some ice-cream. BTW, I loved reading about your day in the life over at Tilly’s blog xx

• lisa g

very excited for the blazer pattern to happen! blazers are on my fall radar for sure. your productivity is amazing, just don’t burn yourself out, okay? πŸ™‚

• Kelly

Well, add me to the list of people who think you are awesome and amazing! I don’t know how I missed that red dress on Instagram, but I looooooooove it! And I am beyond excited for the blazer pattern, for realz. We are moving at the end of August and I am hoping it will be ready for my first post-move craziness project πŸ™‚

• maddie

you need productive vibes? Girl, you the epitome of productive to me. We can compare sewing accomplishments side by side and you’d win! Keep up the good work πŸ™‚

• Mina

Did our prodctive vibes push you through the weekend?
    That was such a cute letter you got….did you draw her a horse?

• sbucha004

Hi Jen, I just made the Lakeside Pajamas and they’re so cute! The pattern worked up so easily! Would you consider making a tutorial for doing the bias binding on the shorts? That’s the only part that I was a little iffy on when making the pattern. They came out fine for sleeping but I wanted to use the same shorts pattern to make some leave-the-house ones!

I’m considering trying to alter my Archer shirt pattern to make a matching short sleeve sleeping shirt to have as well as the tank from the Lakeside Pajama set!

• Ernest Roberts

Since last weeks pattern release I’ve sewn 1 pair of Maritime Shorts , 1 Moss Skirt , 1 Morris Blazer vest, 1 Ikat frankendress, corrected the Morris Blazer pattern for grading & digitizing, completed the pattern for and muslin tested one garment with 3 variations that will remain anonymous for the moment, made a pattern for an upcoming Britex collaboration post, and started plotting a really fun collaboration with a sewing party that everyone loves and I’m SUPER excited about. What a week! I’m going to try to do a book review / new garment combo post by the end of the week but if I don’t get that together, I hope you understand. I still have 2 photoshoots, 2 dresses and a shirt to sew, as well as some bookkeeping to do before the weekend. YIKES!! Send me all your productive vibes please, I will love you forever and EVER!