Me Made May 2014

Okay so this is totally last minute, it’s 11:55 and I’m typing this on my phone in bed but through the powers of Instagram I was convinced by Kelly of Cut Cut Sew to participate in Me Made May. I’ve done absolutely no planning for this month so it could get a little weird. Can one wear an Archer as a top and another Archer as pants? Yikes!! Without further ado (and bc my codeine laced cough medicine is kicking in) I present my Me Made May pledge.

I, Jen (grainlinestudio.com), sign up as a participant of Me Made May 2014. I endeavor to wear a me-made garment at least 5 days a week.

Thats the plan. I’ll be posting on Instagram (@grainlinestudio) and maybe a roundup here later on. I definitely need to work on my bottoms situation as well but I may not have time to get to that this month. Hopefully I did that right! Now off to bed for me to start dreaming up tomorrow’s outfit!

Are you guys taking part this year?

This entry was posted in Journal Entry and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Me Made May 2014

1. BMGM says:

Nope, not this year. I’ve got my hands full with a move and a new job in May.

However, I’ve participated in the past and learned useful lessons, which I blogged.

2. French Seams says:

It’s my first MMM, I just hope I’ve got enough me made clothes! I might have to make a few more Hemlocks.

3. I signed up last minute as well. I also have a bottoms problem which I don’t have time to rectify, we’ll see how this goes.

4. Yay! I’ve joined in at the last moment too – but the only me made skirt or pants that fits me nicely at the moment is my denim moss mini! Unfortunately it’s too casual for work Mondays through Thursdays, so I’ll be concentrating on me made tops / dresses / jackets for work. Will you use flickr, or Instagram?

5. Nykie Duffy says:

I’m not participating in MMM this year (not enough clothes!) but when I thought about it, I thought that I could just make lots of Moss Minis to go with the three I already have ;o)

6. Maggie says:

Yes! I didn’t realize it was so official, but I’ve signed up late and am excited to participate.

7. sallie says:

I’m thinking I might take part this year! Totally last minute decision. Might document through instagram…

Also, I was on that codeine laced cough syrup for the past two months…That shit will knock you out!! And then give you really REALLY weird dreams…. Haha! Hope you kick whatever’s ailing you!!

8. Erika Arens says:

I’m taking part! All 8 of my blog readers are probably going to get bored of all the Archers that are in constant rotation in my wardrobe, so you won’t be alone in your struggle to find something other than an Archer to wear! I also have about 6 day tripper tops from the Just Add Jeans collection.

What can I say? I’m a serial pattern repeater!

9. Megan says:

awesome! i just signed up last minute as well… we will see how it goes!

10. Grace says:

I didn’t take the pledge, but I’m going to make every effort to wear all of my me-mades that are actually in rotation as much as possible. I’m getting towards the end of my spring semester so I’m too busy to make anything new in advance of MMM…. although I do have an Archer that is about 50% done waiting for me.

11. duolaura says:

Thanks for the post-I’m going to try it!

12. Kelly says:

Yay!! So glad you are doing it :) I’m curious to see how many “matchy” days we have, hehe.

13. I’m there in spirit. I’ve been doing long-haul projects like Chanel jackets and Charles James skirts, so I’ll be wearing those when I can.

14. Zoe says:

Oh so glad you are taking part this year! It’s very inspirational to see the designer behind so many of the self-stitched items taking part and wearing your creations as well xx