Autumn Wardrobe | Autumn Socks

Another one down on the Autumn Wardrobe Plan, my second pair of socks! They’re the same as the Canadian pair I just finished but with Mustard as the accent color. They are knit in Knitpicks Stroll in Jack Rabbit Heather and Mustard and I used the same pattern, Priscilla’s Dream Socks. I seriously can’t say enough good things about this pattern, the socks turn out amazing and fit just like a regular pair of socks. The short row heels and toes are super easy and the pattern includes charts so that you can customize the pattern with your sock and yarn size. I had ordered 2 skeins of grey yarn for each sock but I overestimated how much yarn I needed with the contrasting color so now I have about 1 3/4 skeins of this yarn left. I’m considering doing another pair, they’re so warm and cozy with another color for the contrast, or perhaps some sort of stripe version that uses up the remaining mustard and scarlet yarn. It’s funny, I’d never consider myself a sock knitter but just looking at my Ravelry projects page I realized that 6 of 12 projects are Priscilla’s Dream Socks. They’re just my faves! You can see all of the info on the socks here [ravelry link].

This entry was posted in Knitted Garments and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Autumn Wardrobe | Autumn Socks

1. maddie says:

Now that fall is here and winter is on its way, socks are a must for me at all times! You’re lucky I don’t live close to you or else I would steal them right off your feet!

2. indigorchid says:

Oooo, I have a link for you! http://exercisebeforeknitting.com/2011/01/18/knitting-from-your-stash-making-the-most-of-your-yarn/

She explains how to plan out striping socks to use every last scrap of a given yarn, and I love the mathy geeky side to this. I don’t know how this will work for me (yet), since I have a tendency to mix random yarns of unknown origin and weight, and I certainly don’t know what my gauge in that yarn is (both of which is a given with her concoction). But since you’ve made two pairs already and have more matching yarn, this could be perfect for you!

• Oh man, thank you!!! I hate when you have a bunch of leftover bits that aren’t enough for a project, what on earth do you do with them? Now I know, I am totally going to try this, I think Luke’s postal scale will work too! YESSSSSSS

• indigorchid says:

I’m so excited (since I’ve wanted to do this ultimate eeking out of scraps things, but just don’t have the “right” scraps or base pattern), so I’ll just live vicariously through your future striped socks! I second the yessssss!

3. gingermakes says:

These are so perfect! I love them! Gray and mustard is one of my very favorite color combos! Oh, and scarlet and gold leftovers? Sounds like a pair of Gryffindor socks is in order! ;)

4. Jacinta says:

These look so warm and cozy and of course better than store bought socks. Almost makes me want to try knitting!

5. barnicles says:

that pattern looks great! but did you buy the ebook or amazon version?

what size needle did you use? i would love to knit on something bigger than 3mm cos that takes me ages or years!

Barnicles