Thinking about Featured Projects

[I had no image for this post so enjoy this one of Sister under my sewing machine]

I’ve been thinking lately that I’d really like to start a segment here about the projects people make that are either made from my patterns or inspired by a project I’ve made here on the blog. I feel like I come across these amazing garments and I just get so excited and inspired by them and I would love to share them here. I’ve been trying to come up with a list of questions that would be with each feature but that part is a bit harder than I thought it would be. So far I have the basics, name / blog / pattern or project / fabric / project thoughts but I wanted to ask, is there something you guys really like to know about a project? Also if you’ve made one of my patterns, altered one of the patterns into something else or sewn a project inspired by something on the blog, let me know. I’ve got one feature lined up (as soon as I finish up my questions list) and some people to email from the flickr group but I need to start the search for more!

This entry was posted in Journal Entry and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Thinking about Featured Projects

1. Almond Rock says:

Ooh good idea.

I guess I’m always interested if people make muslins or jump straight in… basically were they able to alter the fit ok on the real garment without a muslin.
    And did they have any failed attempts, like did they make the wrong fabric choice, etc.
    And I love hearing about other ideas people play around with, like “I thought of making this in b/w polka dot with red contrast trim but I’ve gone with stripes and no contrast trim”. Just because they decided against that combo doesn’t mean I won’t be inspired by it!

:-)

2. indigorchid says:

Ooo, I love this idea! It’s fun seeing people’s interpretations of one and a same pattern! I generally like hearing about the process – if there is an occasion, an inspiration source, a song they listened too while making the garment… sort of a view into what thoughts are and were attached to the garment.

(also, pick me! I *love* my tiny pocket tank and just think of it as a staple! Plus, it’s so cool to put it on and realize halfway through the day that, oh yeah! I made this! – as opposed to a constant awareness, if you know what I mean)

3. ZoSews says:

Great idea. I like hearing about how people personalize patterns :)

4. I love this idea. I like to know what level seamstress they are–how long have they been sewing? I’m always curious to know where they bought their fabric. And I’d love to see some people featured who had modifications to the pattern or chose unusual fabrics.

5. gingermakesG says:

Sister! She’s so cute! I always love to hear more about people’s fabric choices– did they choose something with drape, or did they aim for a more textured look, etc?

6. Jessica says:

Aww, Sister is just the cutest! (My silly likes sitting under my machine too.)

7. LindaM says:

I always wonder “where did they get that fabric”? And how do I get some, too!