Grainline Studio Patterns at Pink Chalk Fabrics

I’m so excited to announce that Grainline Studio patterns can now be found at Pink Chalk Fabrics! I’m not going to lie, I’m sort of freaking out about this…like major. Before I went back to school for fashion design one of my dreams for after graduation was to become a pattern designer, it was actually a bigger dream than having a clothing line but seemed much less attainable for some reason. Probably because that was waaaay back in the day (2003-4ish ha!) and sewing was not quite like it is today. Every time I see a garment made up from one of my patterns it’s just as exciting as the first time I saw one. I really really really like making things and it feels awesome to make something so that other people can make things too, if that makes any sense. Anyway I am just pumped up, excited and I’m already working on the next pattern…yes!

Oh, and I’ll be back next week with a photo tutorial step by step on constructing the Maritime Shorts that includes a curved hem variation. See you then + have a super swell weekend!!

This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Grainline Studio Patterns at Pink Chalk Fabrics

1. Ginger says:

Congrats, girl! I think it’s amazing that you’re doing what you wanted to do! I wish you continued success with Grainline and Hound! Thanks so much for sharing your designs with geeks like me that like to stay home and sew on Friday nights (ok, and the cool people that sew, too).

2. sallie says:

Congratulations! I’m so happy to see you doing what you love and finding success at it! There is nothing better!

3. Molly says:

Very exciting for you! I love seeing the designs you come up with

4. Caitlin says:

Yay! That’s awesome!!

5. Miranda says:

Congratulations Jen! You’re awesome.

6. emily marie says:

So very cool! Dreams can be so scary, but I’m glad you’ve gotten to the exhilarating part!

7. Big congrats! I am so happy for you and look forward to more of your genius patterns!

8. Arlie says:

congrats!!!!!! this is so awesome!
    “I really really really like making things and it feels awesome to make something so that other people can make things to”
    it totally makes sense, i love how you want to share your creative juice :)

9. paige w. says:

congrats jenster!! this is so exciting. i only wish i had an ounce of sewing talent so i could try my hand at your patterns. you’re awesome!

10. lsaspacey says:

Congrats! A few weeks ago, I requested that PatternReview.com add Grainline Studio as one of their pattern companies so that I could write a revew of your Scout Tee. There are only 2 offical reviews under that name, but there are four reviews total for the Tee and two for the Tank on the site. Can’t wait for the next pattern, is it too much that it might be the Hound Morris blazer or something similar? ;)

11. Amy says:

Congratulations! You are so right, things were so much different then and wow, has the independent pattern world (and sewing culture) bloomed! I read a while back on (I think) Jenny @ Wiksten’s blog that her patterns were doing better business than her clothes. It seems like a really great time to be a pattern-maker and maker. ;)