what to do with all my wool

pattern 1 | pattern 2 | pattern 3 | pattern 4

Since I discovered I have so much wool going through my fabric the other day I’ve been on the scout for things to make out of it. I have a cape and coat planned already in my pattern madness but I have SO much more wool to use. I started going through BurdaStyle looking for some wool ideas and came across these jackets + coats, which have potential. So not all of these patterns require wool but I liked them anyway. I’m not really sure about the capecoat though (pattern 1) that could be pretty strange, sort of like having wings attached to your blazer? Not sure on that one…

This entry was posted in Journal Entry. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to what to do with all my wool

1. Sophie says:

NUMBER TWO!!! I would love to see this made up in ‘real’ life.

• jen | grainline says:

That’s my vote too! Strangely I don’t have any appropriate wool in my box…oh fabric shopping time!!

2. sandra says:

#2 I’ve had my eye on this one, would love to see what you do with it.

3. Ginger says:

Ooh, I love #3! The pleat on the back is so cool! Also, I just got a copy of the BurdaStyle handbook (as a little Christmas gift to myself!), and I love your dress! So cute– congrats on being featured!

• jen | grainline says:

Thanks! I totally want to make 3 for spring but I’m worried that I might feel like some sort of character in it. Can I pull off a trench? What a weird question, haha!

4. christine says:

happy new year, Jen!
    I find #1 verrrry strange (I do love the back view though) and have bought #3 recently. I#d love to see your version of it!

• jen | grainline says:

The more I think about #1 the more I laugh about it. It’s maybe what a modern Mary Poppins would wear? Hahaha.

5. Hilary Grant says:

I’d really love to try and make jacket number 4 out of some wad cotton. There is a factory that makes it in all sorts of weights and colours near where I live. With a Liberty print lining it would make an awesome raincoat!

• jen | grainline says:

Oh you are making me SO jealous! I wish there was a factory like this around here…or just anywhere to buy this type of cotton because that really would be the most amazing raincoat! If you make it I definitely want to see!