Tickets to Victoria, BC!!

Exciting news for me, I booked my plane tickets to Victoria, BC continuing my trend of traveling in January to locations with only slightly warmer temperatures than Chicago! Some people go to Mexico or Florida, last year we went to Iceland. Who knows. I do like to bundle up though.

Anyway I’m sure I’ve mentioned it before but my sister and her husband moved there for his Post-Doc with their two beagles. They live a block or two off the ocean – these photos were taken by my sister while walking the pups. Much different than walking them around Chicago! I’m pretty pumped up to spend 10 days with them. The magic of skype and US/Canada cell phone plans have made it much easier to handle the long distance but I’m ready to hang out, eat tons of candy and Nintendo WII vote (something I force them to do), check out Victoria and Vancouver etc. I’m really excited for David’s Tea since they seem to have a lot of interesting combinations I haven’t seen here and get burgers at their favorite place, The Pink Bicycle, since they have gluten free buns. I need to start searching to see what else I want to see while I’m there / where we should go on our shopping day trip to Vancouver!

This entry was posted in Journal Entry. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Tickets to Victoria, BC!!

1. Natasha Jane says:

Awesome! That will be a beautiful trip!

2. Caroline says:

Yay! Vancouver Island is AMAZING!

3. Sky Turtle says:

Wow, sounds great, can I come? :D
    There’s always something magical about the ocean…

4. C says:

Ooh! I’m from Vancouver! For shopping, I’d recommend checking out Gastown (lots of cool stores, some of which are pricey but fun to look at), which is also home to an awesome sewing/fabric/crafts store, Dressew. They have lots of really good bargains, like knitting books for 99 cents and aisles of notions, trims, etc… Main Street has a lot of local designer’s shops and some really cute boutiques.

5. ashima says:

You have to go to Maiwa in Granville Island. Check them out online and you’ll see. Food-wise, if you like Indian, Vij’s is great and if Vij is actually there, He’ll come over and ask you if you enjoyed the food and talk to you as if you were at a wedding and he’s the father of the bride.

6. Kari says:

can’t wait!!!!!! practice that puppy voice for Oatmeal!

7. Jessica says:

When I go to Vancouver Island, I always buy salt water taffy.

8. Daligula says:

Oh! Lovely pictures!!

9. Shopping in Vancouver: Gastown – One of a Few and Two of a Few and The Block are beautiful for clothes. There is a great ‘antique’ store across from The Block and Button Button up the street from The Block on your Way to Dressew for fabric. Keep going up the hill afterward’s to Finch’s for lunch.

Then there is Main Street: Eugene Choo, Umeboshi shoes, Vancouver Special all within a block from each other and grab a sweet treat from Liberty Bakery on the corner and sushi from Zipang. Lots of other shops around there too.

Have a great trip