golden cable mitts | free pattern download

Download the Grainline Golden Cable Mitts

I took a little time the other day to type out the pattern for my golden cabled mittens in case anyone felt like knitting up a similar pair. It’s getting cold out there…yesterday it barely got in the 30′s! Luckily we’re back in the 40′s today though. These mittens will keep you toasty or use them as a quick to knit holiday present.¬†You can click the link above to download a PDF of the instructions. It’s the first knitting pattern I’ve written out for other people to see so if there are horrible errors or whatnot, please let me know. If you have any q’s let me know as well!

This entry was posted in Make It and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to golden cable mitts | free pattern download

1. Ginger says:

Ooh, thank you! I love these mittens and will have to make a pair (or a few for Christmas gifts!)! Yay!

2. haruna says:

thank you, Jen!!

3. Sophie says:

Wow, I would even consider making the cross over from sewing to knitting for these babies…are they hard? Would they drive a beginner mad? Love your sewing by the way, so inspiring!

• jen | grainline says:

They’re not too hard if you’ve knit before. They might be a bit tricky as a first project though because you’ll be knitting in the round and doing cables. It can be done though!!

4. emily-marie says:

thank you so much, Jen! I am starting these ASAP. also, love your yarn writing!

5. these are adorable! (love the color.) i’ve put away my knitting wands awhile ago as i realized it’s not my forte. :P but seeing this, i might need to bring them back out from retirement. :)

6. emily marie says:

one question- did you have any leftover yarn? I have the perfect skein of Cascade 220. am I going to be cursing these mittens when I run out of yarn at 90% finished?

• jen | grainline says:

Yep, I did have extra yarn. I put the full amount of the two skeins I used because I lost the remaining yarn and can’t measure it.

7. Adele B says:

Hi!

I think these gloves are absolutely beautiful and I just bought all the materials to knit them today! I have a clarification question for the directions — for step 2 (didn’t get very far): does your St. st mean to knit a row, purl a row or to knit a row, and knit the next row since it’s in the round?

Thanks so much for your help! I’m thrilled to have found your website : )

8. Pingback: Purl Soho Coat/Vest and Other Free Knitting, Crochet patterns | A Knitter's Guide to Smoking