fall wardrobe part four | golden cabled mittens

VICTORY!!!! The golden cabled mittens are complete after many rounds of frustration. You may remember from this post entitled “the mittens from you know where” that they were giving me a serious hard time. Well I buckled down and got them done. I’m half embarrassed to tell you what happened to them. Part of the problem was, as Martha suggested, that I had unraveled the yarn so many times they were knitting up a bit differently and the other problem is that I was watching WAY too much Parks & Recreation while making these. I knit the last iteration of the second mitten at my desk with nothing to entertain me but a pen and paper to mark off rows and they turned out just fine. Yikes! I am definitely blaming Ron Swanson on this one. Anyway now that they are finished I am super happy with them. I am pretty sure that mittens are my favorite things to knit and although I’ve now knit 5 or 6 pairs, I’m sure this won’t be my last…I’m going to really try to get as excited about socks though. I could really use some new socks and this here pattern┬áis just calling my name. Oh, and here’s the ravelry page for these little mitten buddies.

This entry was posted in Knitted Garments and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to fall wardrobe part four | golden cabled mittens

1. Beth says:

Congratulations on finishing! I confess that I am the sort of knitter that makes one mitten, gets bored, and abandons the project before I finish the mate. Also, I love the coat in the photos. Did you make that too?

2. jen | grainline says:

Oh that is totally me with socks! I knit one, then about a year later I start to have sock guilt and then make myself finish the other. As for the coat, I didn’t make it, it’s Marc by Marc Jacobs – a gift from many years ago.

3. lauren says:

I love these mittens! What a great idea with the cable. Are you going to write up a pattern? And I love your coat too.

• jen | grainline says:

Thanks! I wasn’t planning on writing up the pattern since I have such freakishly small hands I’m not sure who else they would fit! I’ll think about it though.

4. paige w. says:

I’m SO angry at you for letting Ron Swanson tempt you away! (I’m probably always going to have to tease you about that one now) Actually, I’m sorry because the Parks and Rec may have been slightly my fault :)

5. indigorchid says:

Yey, you got them done! I’ll totally start blaming Ron Swanson now every time my knitting projects go awry, because honestly? He’s too funny to be trying to do anything else. (yey!)

6. Cassandra says:

The coat! The coat! It’s amazing. Where did you find it?

7. Cassandra says:

The mittens are pretty special too. :)