kat colorblocked dress | 13001 pattern

Well, it took a bit longer than expected, but’s finally here and in my very own shop. The pattern for the Kat Colorblocked Dress is now available for purchase. Saying this pattern was a lot of work is a bit of an understatement, tracing all these tiny pieces on the computer was a bit crazy.  You can purchase the pattern by clicking here or by going to the Pattern Shop in the menu up top.  I’m getting excited about wearing my Kat dress with tights and a blazer for a wedding this weekend, I am definitely loving this cooler weather! I also wanted to add that the pattern contains instructions for an invisible zipper but in the pattern tutorial I’ll be posting here I will show you how to insert the exposed zipper. Options, options.

A few details about purchasing… When you purchase a pattern in the pattern shop you will be sent over to paypal and when payment is complete a zipped PDF will arrive in your inbox containing the pattern as well as detailed sewing instructions. I’m also really excited about having the pattern shop right here on my site. It was sort of confusing before being sent all over the internet, one site to purchase the pattern, another to pay…way harder than it needs to be. I’m still playing with the CSS on the checkout so I apologize that it may look a little ugly right now.

Anyway, hope you like the new pattern! Look forward to a photo tutorial sometime next week and if you make one, don’t forget to upload your photo to the Grainline Patterns Flickr Page, I love to see what people are sewing!

This entry was posted in Patterns and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to kat colorblocked dress | 13001 pattern

1. molly says:

So pretty, I might not be buying it this instant because I don’t have time to make it, but I’ll definitely be buying it later (maybe a christmas present to myself)!

2. Sascha says:

I totally am in love with this dress. I just bought the pattern. Yay! Although I would love to make it for an event this weekend I know myself and it won’t happen. I, unfortunately do not live near fabric sources. San Francisco is 2 hours away. Bummer. I never wear dresses but this is such a wonderful design I have to own the pattern. I looked up silk charmeuse prices at Fashion Fabrics Club just to get an idea and I think I will be making my first version out of cotton! Yours is so beautiful! Okay, so I’ll stop gushing now :)

3. Natasha Jane says:

Bought the pattern today! I haven’t used boning before, but I’m pretty excited to try it out on this project!

4. jen | grainline says:

Thanks guys! Boning is SO easy, don’t worry about that. Maybe I will do a post on my fav. internet fabric sources soon…hmm

5. sarah says:

i can’t seem to open your pattern link…or the pattern shop. any suggestions?

6. saraalv says:

I used this pattern to make a summer maxi dress and I’m in love.
    If interested I posted some pics here: http://www.burdastyle.com/projects/grainline-love-part-two?all_images=1#project-shot-all

7. Pingback: The Silver (floral) lining | dreamingofavonlea

8. juebejue says:

i dont have a flicker account but i made this pattern and LOVE it! thanks so much for drafting it for all of us!

9. Pingback: Tulip Kat Dress | Petite Republic