friendship bracelets

Have you seen enough of these on the internet yet? Haha.  I made these a few weeks ago when I was at the cabin the first time this summer, turns out they are perfect for making on pontoon boats while drinking iced tea.  I used the honestly…wft tutorial since I could NOT remember how to make these at all.  Maybe we only made the ones where you knot around a bunch of threads?  I know we also made beaded ones, who can remember.  Anyway these are getting a lot of use.  I’m not really a bracelet person (super creepy small wrists and hands make for bracelets falling off constantly) but these are great because you just tie them on.  I accidentally wore mine in the lake and running more than a few times, so they are no longer as bright as they are in these photos.  Oh well, I can make more but this time do the ends like Erin did here.

(got to have kleenex and sourpatch kids at all times – allergies + candy tooth)

This entry was posted in Journal Entry and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to friendship bracelets

1. Julie says:

so pretty!! The perfect summer craft, for sure.

2. emily marie says:

I am SO not tired of seeing these… yours are rad! Your embroidery thread box is making me miss mine from elementary school, unfortunately lost in some move. :(

• jen | grainline says:

Haha phew! Thanks, that’s sad about your embroidery box, they’re pretty cheap if you ever get the urge to start up a new one!

3. Oh! Doing a black & white striped one is next on my list.

Also, I don’t think I could ever get tired of seeing these. I love how everyone is so nostalgic for them.

• jen | grainline says:

The black and white is my fav, I feel like it makes the other one go with more things, haha! I feel like there needs to be some sort of friendship bracelet swap or something of the sort.

4. michael ann says:

these are so cute! i love that chevron one, although i’m pretty sure i’ve never actually finished a chevron friendship bracelet, they take me so long! and i would totally support a friendship bracelet swap, i love seeing what color combinations people use :]

5. Jody Pearl says:

they always remind of hitch-hiking – helped to pass the time!