evening hike mitts

Here are a bunch of photos of my new mitts.  I had Luke take some shots for me since it’s hard to take photos of mitts on your own and also because as a photographer he has a way nicer camera than I do. Also because he’s an amazing photographer, but I think I’ve mentioned that before.  Didn’t they turn out lovely?  The colors on this camera are so spot on I can hardly handle it, no color correcting or levels adjustments needed, and if I can avoid extra Photoshop I’m all for it.

Anyway, these mitts are made from Blue Sky Alpacas Sportweight, which has to be my all time favorite yarn.  It’s so strong, soft, warm, amazing vibrant colors, need I go on?  I didn’t use a pattern per say, I swatched and worked off the favorite points of my favorite gloves and mittens with some help from Vogue Knitting, my every trusty friend.  I’m so happy with the result, and have been imagining these for a while, but was spurred into action recently by the horrid nightmare of knitters everywhere…MOTHS!!! Omg they ate my favorite mittens.  More on that later…ugh!

This entry was posted in Knitted Garments and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to evening hike mitts

1. Julie says:

Those are so awesome!! Love the flip top mitts, very practical, and the stripes look great. Love them!

2. The Sweatshop of Love says:

So pretty! They look amazing with your coat. Great color choice! Way to rock it, lady!

3. auxpetitsoiseaux says:

Moths are horrible. A few years ago, our building got full of moths and they destroyed all of Dan's sweaters (but not mine…strange I know).

You did such a perfect job with the mittens. I didn't know that you were a professional knitter ;)

4. jen says:

Thanks ladies!

Claudia – usually we have the exact opposite problem here…except for this time! Boy it stings!

5. Haylee says:

I am in love with these! They looked like they came right out of an Urban Outfitters magazine. (That's a good thing by the way. I love that store :)

6. Meg says:

great job! they look beautiful

7. Sarah says:

Moths are my nemesis! Ever since I moved into a 100+ year old apartment building we have them. We got pheremone traps that actually work really well. Ugh. I am so grossed out by every and all moths now. Disgusting. Beautiful mitts, by the way! I’m just picking up my knitting needles for the first time since last winter.